Yak Attack

A place to unwind and spend some time yakking.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

rocking out

I will finish up my accounting of the Bowron circuit this week. I've been busy working and playing. Lew and Zander each had an extra ticket to KUFO's Rockfest in the Portland, Oregon area, so they took Tee and me with them. We saw Buckcherry, Seether and Alice in Chains, along with some lukewarm local bands. Here's a picture from the AIC portion of the concert. Zander is in the picture, but it's up to you to guess which one he is.

On Sunday, as we lolled around the house drinking coffee and kicking ourselves for being gone until 2:30 in the morning (it took a long time to get out of the venue), we got a wild hair and decided to go see Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I chalk it up to Deadhead Girl-- she joined us for coffee, and Lew brought up the show. She said, "You wanna go?" I answered, "Yeah." Let's just say that it kind of snowballed from there. Check out the Seattle PI review of the concert here.

During the show, Deadhead Girl kept heading to the bathroom because of all the coffee we drank. It rubbed off on me, so I headed to the restrooms. Right as I reached the bottom of the stairs, Eddie Vedder came onstage. I hurried, but I only got to hear him sing, until the encore, when he came back out with Stevie Nicks to sing American Girl. Excellent, excellent concert. I knew the words to every song but one.

There was one drawback to our weekend, besides being tired. I realized, to my dismay, that Tom Petty and I have the same hair cut, and I'm afraid it looks better on him than me!

3 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

I am so jealous. I have to go see a Tom Petty concert before he kicks the bucket.

BTW, would these happen to be pictures of that Tom Petty concert?

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Gospazha said...

No fair! I'd love to see Tom Petty again - that man puts on the best show I've ever seen.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger lewlew said...

Yes, that indeed was the same show Kirsten. Doesn't he look good, even though the years are creeping up on him?

I agree gospazha-- he put on the best concert I've ever seen, and this current one is in my top ten.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home