Yak Attack

A place to unwind and spend some time yakking.

Friday, October 06, 2006

You Don't Represent Us

Take a minute to read about a demonstration held yesterday in Seattle. I'm sure the people were from a multitude of backgrounds and espouse a plethora of philosophies, but it sure is encouraging to see them taking some time to gather and say, "Hell no." The organization who sponsored the demonstration, The World Can't Wait! Drive Out the Bush Regime is one I haven't heard of before. Their website's front page features some of the same, old liberal celebrity loudmoths, but I haven't check out the site at all, other than to pull it up for reference.

Now, if only these folks can understand that any other government they have to offer can (and probably will) abuse it's office power as well as Bush and Co. ...

{note to myself: working, talking and blogging at the same time doesn't function well}

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger lewlew said...

Hello Clay,

Thanks for stopping by Yak Attack.

I do have to ask what part of his tenure in office hooked you on his presidency: TSA crack downs, wire tapping of American citizens, secret renditions and super-secret interrogation centers world-wide, FEMA trailers, NAIS, more coverage about Mark Foley than the rubberstamping torture?

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, and I have to admit I voted for him twice, blindly thinking he was the better of two evils. Evil+Evil still equals evil, it turns out, and I have to live with my poor decision every day. I am genuinely wondering what things he's done that help you conclude he's a good president.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home