Yak Attack

A place to unwind and spend some time yakking.

Monday, June 26, 2006

~garden update~

I have some food growing in my garden (YAY!). The zukes have 4 blossoms (one started forming a zuke-y, oblong dealie as of yesteday); the tomato plants have 2 tomatoes and lots of blossoms. The plum tree sports a bazillion fruits, each the size of a large grape. The sugar peas are finally climbing some string, and flowers a'plenty. Pumpkin plants have sprouted EVERYWHERE. Darn jack-o-lanterns. Maybe one will give rise to a showman squash, for the fair. Onions seem content, and the corn hasn't died yet.

The stuff that didn't come up: squash, the other peas I planted, cukes, dill, beans or carrots. Either the birds ate the seed, or they were too old.

My peony plant blooms were delicious. I'm sad to see them go, but already look forward to next spring . "The coolest rose bush that refuses to die" has three luscious blooms on it. The minituare roses not only pulled through, but three out of four have flower buds on them. The poppies are done, and I was treated to a plethora of daylilies when I got back from Eastern Washington.

I have strawberry flowers, but some critter (I suspect a racoon) is eating the berries before I get to them. Sage, thyme, mint and oregano are all flourishing. The cilantro quickly went to seed, and the roly-poly bugs chewed up the basil, yet again.

Everything needs to be fertilized, so that's on the to-do list for the morning, before it gets too hot. Oh, and the weedy, grassy stuff invading my gardens must be pulled up.

2 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger Don Bangert said...

Sounds great! Is there any way to have pictures? I think we'd all like to see the fruits (and vegetables) of your labor, too.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger lewlew said...

I can take pictures, but where do I host them? What do you do for your blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home