Yak Attack

A place to unwind and spend some time yakking.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Is screwing really the ultimate?

I picked up a bottle of Hogue Cellars' Fume' Blanc at Trader Joe's, to give it a whirl. It has a screwcap for a seal, and the bottle came with a hangtag that gave information about how Hogue Cellars completed a four year study on sealing wine, and came to the conclusion that screwcaps care the best seal out there.

I'm no sommilier, so I'm not sure if this hangtag is spreading half-truths or not. I'm an old fashioned gal, however, when it comes to wine-- I prefer regular cork. Cork is also a very cool, renewable resource. I wonder what the "cork war" is really all about.

Wine enthusiasts, please chime in. What's your take on cork versus plastic and screwcaps?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home