Yak Attack

A place to unwind and spend some time yakking.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A night of singing

Rosie and I went to see Little Kay sing his heart out. He was adorable, from the top of his shiny, brown hair, to his snazzy blue Hawaiian shirt, to the tips of his trusty tenny-runners. The theme of his concert was farm animals, so we got to hear such esteemed barnyard favorites like Farmer in the Dell and B-I-N-G-O (he got to play a maraca for this song).

Oh, I have to tell you about the little girl that played the cheese in the Farmer in the Dell. She was a pig-tailed cutie wearing the most beautiful Chinese silk dress. When I was a kid, I'd always feel bad for the cheese, but this sweetheart was so excited to be on stage, beaming a smile with a front tooth missing. You couldn't help but return the favor and grin, wishing you could once again be the cheese for just a moment.

I had a musical double treat this evening. While I was in the bathroom, trying to run a comb through my freshly shampooed hair, Rosie was trying to bug Tee in the kitchen. She started singing this song from The Little Mermaid-- the one Ariel sings in her treasure lair. Rather than be bugged by it (as he normally would), he joined Rosie in song, singing the parts he could remember. His voice is so deep now, it was pretty cute to hear their duet. Rosie would try and sing as high as she could comfortably, to contrast with his deep tenor voice. These rare moments are the things I store up in the ol'e memory bank. It was so cool to hear.

1 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger Morrigan said...

I love those unexpected moments. They give you a glimpse of their soul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home