Yak Attack

A place to unwind and spend some time yakking.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

short hiatus for a project and a bloggy warning

I received the alert today about the impending switch from Blogger format to the beta Blogger design. I thought, "What the hell," and switched. If you haven't switched over yet, I caution you to wait and research your options. I wasn't pleased with the widget selections, and when I read over what happens to your blog when you switch over, I didn't have a full understanding of what would be lost. Thankfully, I was able to revert to my "classic" Yak Attack template, for now. I'm not sure how long it will be available, though.

I'll not be blogging for a few days. I'm working on a special project, and I'll post updates as I progress. For now, I leave you with a couple of things to check out:

3 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Warren Bluhm said...

Um, er ... WHAT alert about a Blogger design change? I have a couple o Blogger blogs and nobody told me about 'em. Are you sure it's a legitimate alert? There are evil people out there ...

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger lewlew said...

Hi Warren,

It was on my dashboard when I logged into it on Sunday, Nov. 12th. If you check out the Blogger FAQs, there is this section: What if I don't want to switch. I received the "invitation" and felt my time was limited. I made the switch and to my dismay, didn't like it.

Your blogs may not have received the invite just yet. It looks like it's going out in phases

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger lewlew said...

Grrrr.., another word of warning--- if you switch to beta blogger, you can't post comments to non-beta blogs anymore. Arrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!!! This is flippin' unreal. I just tried to post a comment on Montag and I wasn't allowed to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home